It is the policy of the Maine State Library (MSL) to: (a) prevent user access over its computer network to, or transmission of, inappropriate material via Internet, electronic mail, or other forms of direct electronic communications; (b) prevent unauthorized access and other unlawful online activity; (c) prevent unauthorized online disclosure, use, or dissemination of personal identification information of minors; and (d) comply with the Children’s Internet Protection Act [Pub. L. No. 106-554 and 47 USC 254(h)].
As with other library resources, the use of the library’s computer or Internet resources by a minor are the responsibility of the parent or legal guardian.
Use of the MSL computers or Internet connection is considered de facto acceptance of these policies.
- No sign-in required to use the public computers; simply help yourself to any available station.
- Abide by 1-hour time limit.
- Pay for all printed copies 25 cents per page. Please preview what you are printing to avoid waste.
- Do not change settings, wallpaper, etc.; do not save/download; do not install hardware/software.
- Do not shut down computers; click the Home icon when finished.
- Patrons may save to their own memory sticks (the Library is not responsible for loss or damage).
- The user is responsible for any damage resulting from connection of users’ personal computer equipment or peripherals to MSL computers.
- Privacy cannot be guaranteed; all computers are in public areas and must be used as such.
- Any copyright law infringement by the patron is solely his/her responsibility.